- 13-19 Art Prize (“Competition”), organised by TRCL, is open to youths between 13 and 19 years of age (born between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2002) residing in Singapore.
- Participants must enter the competition as an individual. Team/Collaborative effort is not permitted.
- Participants require consent of their parents or legal guardian to participate.
- Artwork submitted in the Competition must be original and should not be created more than two year prior to the submission date.
- Artworks that have been exhibited, submitted for other competition, offered for sale, and/or published should not be submitted.
- Participation in this Competition is free.
- There are two competition categories: Canvas Artwork and Digital Artwork
- All artwork submissions should not contain any obscene, vulgar or indecent scenes which may offend or denigrate any race or religion.
- Submitting an entry into this Competition signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations of the Competition.
- Artworks based on any theme on a canvas size of a minimum A1-sized 59.4 cm x 84.1 cm and a maximum 180 cm x 180 cm canvas.
- Paintings in acrylic, oil paint, collage, embossed and mixed media are accepted.
- Collages, two-dimensional embossed paintings and three-dimensional paintings must not be more than 5 cm thick.
- A maximum of 100-word synopsis is to be included to elaborate on the artwork.
- Artwork in a series should not exceed 3 individual pieces and they shall not exceed the maximum size allowed.
- An image of your artwork must be submitted through a Google link.
- Artwork based on any theme on a size of A1-sized (7016 x 9933 pixels) with a minimum of 150 dpi. **Horizontal or vertical layout is acceptable
- Format of the artwork should be in JPEG, GIF or MPEG with the size not exceeding 10MB.
- Any computer software may be used to create the digital artwork.
- A maximum of 100-word synopsis and reference sources (if any) are to be included to elaborate on the artwork.
- Three screenshots of work-in-progress will also be required for submission.
- The final artwork must be submitted through a Google link.
Gold Awards: $800 each
Silver Awards: $600 each
Bronze Awards: $400 each
Jury Awards: $400 each
- Winners of the respective categories will be contacted by 8 December 2021.
- More details on the awards ceremony and exhibition of the winning artworks will be shared at a later date.
- Artworks will be judged based on concept, creativity/originality, aesthetic quality (design, composition and colour/tones) and technical skills.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of reputable artists, art connoisseurs, art curators and other creative professionals.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- TRCL reserves the right not to award any of the stipulated prizes should entries fail, in the judges’ opinion, to meet the required standards.
5. Copyright & Intellectual Property
- All artworks submitted must be original works of the participants and they must be the owners of the artworks.
- Participants will be responsible for satisfying copyright requirements should any part of their artworks have quote(s) or reproduction(s) from other sources.
- Each participant agrees to grant TRCL a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and licence to use, exhibit and reproduce the image of his/her artwork in any medium or format including digital for any purpose connected to the Competition.
6. Ownership and Offer of Winning Artwork for Fundraising
- All winning artworks, including all documents and materials submitted, shall become the property of TRCL and TRCL reserves the right to retain all winning artworks and any supporting documents.
- All participants of the winning artworks shall grant to TRCL the exclusive rights to offer their artworks for sale to raise funds for The Business Times Budding Artists Fund (BT BAF). Even if sold, the artists will retain the moral and copyright over their artworks.
- Any artwork that is not sold will be returned to the participant.
7. Return of Entries
- With the exception of the winning artworks, all other submitted entries must be collected at The Little Arts Academy — North Campus II, #02-185, Northpoint City, Singapore 768019 within two weeks after the announcement of winners.
- Any entries which are not collected by then shall become the property of TRCL and may be retained, utilised, or otherwise disposed of in whatever way TRCL deems appropriate.
8. Risk and Responsibilities
- While TRCL will exercise all due care in the handling and protection of the artworks, TRCL shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever or however caused to any artwork submitted to them.
- The personal data held by TRCL shall be kept confidential.
- Each participant consents that TRCL may use his/her personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer the Competition, including to contact winners regarding the exhibition and sale of their artworks to raise funds for BT BAF
- To contact and provide information regarding future Competition via email
10. Organiser’s Right
- TRCL reserves the right to amend the above rules and regulations from time to time, and modify, cancel and suspend the Competition at its sole discretion at any time.